Part-Time: 4:00pm – 9:00pm 5 Months (Monday-Wednesday)
Please call for classes start dates.
|Use Of Electricity In Hair Removal|
|Laser And Light-Based Hair Removal Physics|
|Laser Safety And Precautions|
|The Integumentary System|
|The Circulatory & Nervous Systems|
|The Endocrine System & Diseases|
|The Biology Of Hair Growth|
|Blood Borne Pathogens|
|Microbiology Of The Skin|
|Clinic & Office Management|
|Florida Statutes & Rules For Electrolysis|
|Laser And Light-Based Equipment Training|
|Thermolysis Equipment Training|
|Blend/Galvanic Equipment Training|
|Client Pre/Post Treatment|
Program Cost $8,300
Solutions for various credit
Beauty and Health Institute’s Electrolysis Program prepares students for professional success as a licensed Electrologist. Professional Electrologists are in demand in a wide range of businesses, from salons and day spas to doctors’ offices, resorts, and as self-employed business owners.
Students are instructed in a clinical/spa setting that offers extensive practical knowledge and training in the treatment of hair removal. The 320 hour program includes 120 hours of theory/classroom study and 200 hours of hands-on clinical training enabling students to apply, practice and perfect techniques under the guidance of a licensed Electrologist.
- Proper sanitation, sterilization and infection control procedures required in the field of Electrolysis
- Electrolysis, Thermolysis, and the Blend equipement training; as well as proper insertion techniques, probe holder and forceps skills
- Client assessment, pre and post-treatment procedures, general treatment procedures, and clinical consultations
- Anatomy, microbiology, disorders/conditions and assessment of the skin
- Anatomy, biology and assessment of the hair
- Use of electricity in hair removal
- Florida Statutes and Rules for Electrolysis
- Principles of clinic and office management
This program meets the educational requirements of the Florida Department of Health and Board of Electrolysis. Graduates are prepared for the state board examination inorder to obtain a license from the Florida Department of Health to become an Electrologist.